Year 7 Catch-up Premium
2015-2016 Year 7 Catch Up Premium
A bursary is allocated for each pupil not achieving KS2 Level 4 in reading and/or mathematics. The Cheadle Academy received £7,000 of Year 7 Catch up funding for the academic year 2015-2016.
- Targeted support from Maths Achievement Mentor
- Targeted support from English Achievement Mentor
- Lunchtime Numeracy Catch-up Club
- One-to-One English Intervention focussing on basic reading and writing skills
- Increased curriculum provision in Maths and English
- PP Mentor and delivery of the “Reading Challenge”
Impact in English
In year 7, 100% of pupils with low prior attainment in English (7 Pupils) made better than expected progress.
Impact in Mathematics
In year 7, 88% of pupils with low prior attainment in Maths (7 Pupils) made better than expected progress. 100% of pupils with low prior attainment in Maths (8 Pupils) made at least expected progress.
2016-2017 Year 7 Catch Up Premium
For academic year 2016-2017, the academy will receive funding of £5,800. The successful interventions implemented in 2015-2016 will be continued to support pupils with a low prior attainment.